BKC supports eco-friendly cabinets and sustainable initiatives. Our brands include top cabinet manufacturers certified by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association’s (KCMA) Environmental Stewardship Program.
This program recognizes manufacturers that use environmentally-responsible materials in the production of their products. Additionally, these companies minimize community impacts by recycling wastes and using low-emissions finish coatings.
Crystal Cabinet Works has been directly involved in the development of the ESP program. They are considered an industry leader in the manufacturing of eco-friendly cabinets. Crystal offers more eco-friendly products than any other nationally-distributed cabinet manufacturer.
Their comprehensive green products include:
- FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified woods
- No added urea formaldehyde (NAUF) plywood in standard cabinet box construction
- GreenGuard Laminates
- Low VOC finishes
- Recycled materials
- Rapidly-renewable materials (bamboo available in veneer, solid or 3-ply)
BKC is proud to offer products by cabinet manufacturers who strive to reduce effects on human health and the environment. Eco-friendly products are a perfect option for you and your family.
At BKC, we’re committed to doing our part to minimize the impact of our business operations on the environment:
- 100% of our surplus materials are donated to a local not-for-profit organization for re-sale and re-use. Showroom displays are recycled in this manner if they are not sold to customers.
- All of our office and warehouse space is illuminated with low-energy consumption fluorescent bulbs. The primary lighting in our showroom consists of compact fluorescent bulbs.
- The heating and cooling of BKC’s facility is controlled by energy-efficient programmable thermostats.
- All paper, plastic, aluminum cans and other waste metals are collected for recycling.
- Outdated storage files and manufacturer catalogs are accumulated for annual shredding and recycling.