BKC and its suppliers consistently support eco-friendly products and initiatives.
Each of our manufacturers has been certified by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association’s (KCMA) Environmental Stewardship Program. The KCMA administered program recognizes manufacturers that use environmentally responsible materials in the production of their products and that minimize community impacts by recycling wastes and using low emissions coatings.
Crystal Cabinet Works has been a leader in the development and use of eco-friendly products. Crystal was directly involved in the development of the KCMA’s Environmental Stewardship Program.
Crystal offers more green products than any other nationally distributed cabinet manufacturer. Crystal’s green product line-up includes:
- FSC (Forest Stewardship Council certified Woods)
- Standard cabinet box construction is “no added urea formaldehyde” (NAUF) plywood
- Routed MDF (Medium-density fiberboard) doors (NAUF MDF)
- Veneer doors (NAUF substrate)
- GreenGuard Laminates
- Foil doors (PVC-Free, NAUF substrate)
- Stainless steel doors (60% recycled content, NAUF substrate)
- Low VOC finishes
- Recycled materials
- Rapidly-renewable materials (bamboo available in veneer, solid or 3-ply)
Crystal’s products are made with materials that have a reduced effect on human health and the environment and are a perfect option for the environmentally and health conscious consumer.
BKC’s countertop offering includes several green choices:
- Icestone and Vetrazzo are durable countertop surfaces made from recycled glass.
- Richlite is manufactured using renewable and recycled paper products.
- Caesarstone primary product is natural quartz countertops. They also manufacture a recycled series of countertops whereby they use remnants from the production of their quartz countertops to make recycled quartz countertops.
- TorZo countertops are made from agricultural by-products (including sorghum stalk, wheat straw board and sunflower seed hull board) and recycled wood material.
BKC’s management and staff are committed to doing our part to minimize the impact of our business operations on the environment.
- 100% of our surplus materials are donated to a local not-for-profit organization for re-sale and re-use. Showroom displays are recycled in this manner if they are not sold to customers.
- 100% of our office and warehouse space is illuminated with low energy consumption fluorescent bulbs. The primary lighting in our showroom consists of compact fluorescent bulbs.
- The heating and cooling of BKC’s facility is controlled by energy efficient programmable thermostats.
- All paper, plastic, aluminum cans and other waste metals are collected for recycling.
- Outdated storage files and manufacturer catalogs are accumulated for annual shredding and recycling.